Thursday, October 17, 2013
via ~ Taste of Home
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 medium tart Appless, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen mashed squash, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and sage in butter for 3 minutes or
- until tender. Add the broth, water and apples; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add the squash, ginger and salt; return to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cool until lukewarm.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth; return to pan.
- Add milk; heat through. (Do not boil.) Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.