Monday, November 4, 2013
By: Total Nutrition Technology
Sometimes we are looking for that quick workout to help get our metabolism fired up and working at it's optimal level but making it to the gym just doesn't fit into our schedule that day. Well try this do-anywhere, no-excuses, no-equipment necessary workout that destroys body fat...and you can do it in under 20 minutes.
This workout comes from Men's Health Magazine and was developed by performance coach and owner of Activ8 Phoenix, David Jack. This workout will knock out almost 250 calories*. Not a bad way to spend 20 minutes!
Give it a try and let us know how many calories you crushed during your workout!
How It Works:
Perform 50 reps of each exercise in any order as quickly as you can without rest. You don't have to do all 50 reps in a row—you might do 20 pushups, move on to jumping jacks, do another 15 pushups, and so on. Once you complete the circuit, rest 1 to 2 minutes and repeat. Do up to 3 circuits total, starting with a different move each time.
1. Push-Up: Get down on all fours and put your hands on the floor making them straight and slightly outside your shoulder width. Lower your body until your chest almost touches the floor, and then push yourself back up as quickly as you can making sure you do not hyper-extend your elbows.
2. Mountain Climber: Start from a pushup position with your arms straight. Raise your right foot off the floor and bring your knee up to your chest , touching the floor with your toes. Repeat the same steps with your left leg. Continue alternating back and forth. 1 rep = movement of right and left leg.
3. Crunch: Lie on your back. Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the floor. With your fingertips behind your ears, raise only your head and shoulders as you crunch your rib cage toward your pelvis. Return to the starting position and repeat quickly.
4. Jumping Jack: Stand with your feet together and hands at your sides. Now simultaneously swing your arms above your head and jump just high enough to spread your feet wide. Without pausing, quickly reverse the movement and repeat.
5. Body-Weight Squat: Raise and hold your arms straight out in front of you. Stand as tall as you can and place your feet shoulder-width apart. Push your hips back and lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Drive back up to the starting position and quickly repeat.
***For an illustration of each exercise please check out the complete article HERE.
*Actual caloric burn was 248 calories a