- Back to Home »
- TNT Asian Coleslaw Salad
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Asian Coleslaw Salad
Makes 16 Servings (1/2 cup each)
- (1) pkg Ramen noodles (not the seasoning pack), broken into small pieces
- 3 oz. slivered almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp butter
1) Heat a skillet to medium heat and allow butter to melt. While butter is melting, break up the ramen noodles and add to skillet along with remaining ingredients.
2) Stirring frequently until the mixture is golden brown. Cool and set aside.
- 1 bag of shredded cabbage
- 1 bag of shredded broccoli
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) Edamame
- 4 green onion, chopped
1) Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl or salad bowl.
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1) Mix sugar and vinegar together.
2) Combine soy sauce and oil together.
3) Slowly add the oil mixture to the sugar mixture while continuously stirring to allow emulsification.
4) Add to the salad and right before serving garnish with the crunchy toppings.
Exchanges: 2/3 starch; 3½ fats; ½ vegetable