- Back to Home »
- Slow Cooker Chili
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
This recipe contains an affiliate link.
Exchanges: 1 meat 2 vegetables ½ starch (when using 96% fat free ground turkey)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey*
1 package taco seasoning mix (low sodium)
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon chili powder (more to your taste)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 can beef broth (14.5oz)
1 cup salsa
1 can crushed tomatoes (14.5oz)
1 can pinto beans (14.5oz)
1 large can chopped green chile peppers (7oz)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 medium zucchini, diced
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add turkey and using wooden spoon stir breaking up as much as possible (sometimes I add a little water to help). Continue cooking until meat is browned. Then put into slow cooker.
2. Add taco seasoning mix, coriander, oregano, chili powder, and tomato paste. Mix until meat is evenly coated with seasonings.
3. Pour in beef broth, salsa, onions, tomatoes, beans and green chilies.
4. Set slow cooker on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
5. Add zucchini in the last hour of cooking.