- Back to Home »
- 12 Unexpected Benefits of Drinking More Water
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
The benefits of drinking water isn't a new topic of discussion. We all know that water helps keep us hydrated but what are some other less well known benefits of drinking water. Greatist.com has put together a great list of 12 unexpected benefits of drinking more water and we just had to share.
Enter for chance to win our Infuser Water Bottle:
1. Fluid balance. Roughly 60 percent of the body is made of water. Drinking enough H2O maintains the body’s fluid balance, which helps transport nutrients in the body, regulate body temperature, digest food, and more.
2. Calorie control. Forget other diet tricks — drinking water could also help with weight loss. Numerous studies have found a connection between water consumption and losing a few pounds  . The secret reason? Water simply helps people feel full, and as a result consume fewer calories.
3. Muscle fuel. Sweating at the gym causes muscles to lose water. And when the muscles don’t have enough water, they get tired . So for extra energy, try drinking water to push through that final set of squats.
4. Clearer skin. Certain toxins in the body can cause the skin to inflame, which results in clogged pores and acne . While science saying water makes the skin wrinkle free is contradictory, water does flush out these toxins and can reduce the risk of pimples.
5. Kidney function. Our kidneys process 200 quarts of blood daily, sifting out waste and transporting urine to the bladder. Yet, kidneys need enough fluids to clear away what we don’t need in the body. Let's drink to that!
6. Productivity boost. In order to really focus, a glass of water could help people concentrate and stay refreshed and alert.
7. Fatigue buster. Move over coffee — water can help fight those tired eyes too . One of the most common symptoms of dehydration is tiredness. Just another reason to go for the big gulp! (Not the 7-11 kind.)
8. Hangover help. If booze has got the best of you, help a hangover with a glass of water to hydrate the body and stop that pounding headache.
9. Pain prevention. A little water can really go a long way. Aching joints and muscle cramps and strains can all occur if the body is dehydrated .
10. Keep things flowing. Nobody wants to deal with digestion issues. Luckily, drinking enough water adds fluids to the colon which helps make things, ahem, move smoothly.
11. Sickness fighter. Water may help with decongestion and dehydration, helping the body bounce back when feeling under the weather. Just beware — drinking fluids hasn’t been scientifically proven to beat colds in one swoop, so don’t swap this for a trip to the doctor or other cold remedies.
12. Brain boost. A study in London found a link between students bringing water into an exam room and better grades, suggesting H2O promotes clearer thinking. While it’s unclear if drinking the water had anything to do with a better score, it doesn’t hurt to try it out!
If you struggle to drink your water throughout the day try infusing it with some lemon or even other fruit combinations. Try TNT's Infuser WaterBottle available online here.
And if you are looking for some ideas to flavor your water...try these great combos:
lemon + cucumber + mint
ginger + lemon
apple + cinnamon stick
blueberry + pomegranate
blackberry + lime
blueberry + strawberry
kiwi + mint + lime
What's your favorite water combination?
Source: For the complete article visit Greatist.com