- Back to Home »
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
For years Total Nutrition Technology has been collecting and perfecting a group of recipes that simply take the guess workout out of eating healthy! TNT's Get Lean Get Fit Get Cooking is delicious proof that eating healthy doesn't mean you have to give up your favorite recipes.
This Mexican Stuffed Peppers recipe is packed with flavor and is definitely a family favorite!
Mexican Stuffed PeppersMakes 5 Servings
Exchanges: 1 1/3 vegetables; 3½ meats; 2¾ starches
- 4-5 green peppers
- 1 Lb lean ground turkey or ground turkey breast
- ¾ cup dry cornbread-dressing mix
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup brown rice
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 can (15-oz) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 can (4-oz) green chilies
- 2 egg whites
1) Preheat oven to 350°F and spray baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
2) Bring pot of water to a boil. Cut tops of green peppers off and clean the insides. Pierce the bottom of each pepper. Boil peppers for 10 minutes or until tender.
3) Combine turkey, cornbread, onion, rice, chili powder, cumin, ½ can enchilada sauce, chilies, and egg whites. Stir until well mixed. Place ¼ of the mixture into each bell pepper.
1) Place each stuffed pepper into the baking dish and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over stuffed peppers and bake for 5 more minutes. Enjoy!
If you'd like to enjoy more healthy recipes like this one, check out TNT's Get Lean Get Fit Get Cooking eCookbook available for immediate download here.
About Get Lean Get Fit Get Cooking:
A collaboration of client and health educator “all-time” favorite recipes collected over the past 21 years, this cookbook is packed with over 80 recipes...making it so easy to enjoy healthy meals with family and friends. An added feature: all recipes have been tagged with exchange values to help take the guess work out of your cooking.
Be sure to follow TNT on social media
Sign up for Total Nutrition Technology's Monthly Newsletter