- Back to Home »
- DIY Fruit & Nut Bar
Friday, August 28, 2015
From the Kitchen of Health Educator, Chelsea Castellanos
- 1 c dates (medjool)
- ½ c raw almonds (walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped)
- 1 ½ c rolled oats (I used ½ cup for a softer texture)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- ¼ c almond butter or peanut butter
- ¼ c agave
Optional: Chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, dried fruits, other seeds etc.
- Place dates in a food processor and pulse until it forms into a paste.
- Toast almonds and oats in a pan or wok over low heat till slightly golden brown.
- Place dates, almonds, and oats in a large mixing bowl with the rest of the seeds and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, warm the almond butter and agave over low heat.
- Stir and pour over the fruit and nut mixture.
- Use your spoon or hands to break up the dates and mix well.
- Cover an 8x8 pan with parchment or wax paper and transfer mixture to the pan.
- Using your spoon or hand press down so the mixture is flat.
- Cover the top with more paper to avoid stickiness and place something on top to hold together.
- Chill in the freezer for 30-45 minutes to harden.