- Back to Home »
- 5 Ways To Give Bread A Nutritious Boost
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Here are some delicious ideas on how to make plain bread dough more delicious by adding nutritious extras that can be easily found in your pantry.
1. Add left over fruits or vegetables to your plain bread dough. Just chop them up into small pieces and stir into dough just before baking. Good examples include bananas, strawberries, cherries, zucchini, and pumpkin.
2. Add decaf tea to your plain bread dough. Remove the tea leaves from a tea bag and stir into plain bread dough. This adds a boost of antioxidants to your bread.
3. Throw some flax seeds of chia seeds in to your plain bread dough before baking for some extra protein, fiber, and omega-3’s.
4. Adding cinnamon to your plain bread dough adds great flavor while reducing chronic inflammation.
5. Garlic, oregano, and basil can be added to plain bread dough for amazing flavor and many nutritional benefits including cancer fighting properties, improving cardiovascular health, reducing inflammation, and an abundance of vitamin K.
You might also like...