- Back to Home »
- 15 Simple Ways to Live Healthy
Monday, June 15, 2015
At Total Nutrition Technology, we are passionate about healthy living. This list is a compilation of what the simplest ways to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
10 Ways to Cut Calories:
1. Use applesauce instead of oil when baking
2. Snack on a bowl of fruit salad instead of that bag of chips
3. Choose Canadian bacon instead of regular sausage or bacon
4. Choose water packed tuna instead of tuna packaged in oil
5. Order a pizza with half the cheese and make a special request for thin crust
6. Eat small meals/snacks every 3-4 hours to control your appetite and metabolism
7. When eating out- Split a meal with a friend
8. Bake, broil, or grill instead of frying
9. Drink at least 64oz of water a day –make sure flavored water is calorie free
10. Never eat out or shop hungry-eat a high fiber snack before hand
FACT: Most Americans gain at least 1-2 pounds per year, some even more
FACT: Weight gain can be prevented in 90% of adults by burning at least 100 extra calories per day.
FACT: Stopping weight gain alone prevents health problems such as diabetes, heart disease, even cancer.
5 Ways to Burn Calories during Your Busy Day:
1. While at work-Take the stairs instead of the elevator and pack your walking shoes for a quick walk during lunch.
2. Celebrate the beauty of sunrises with someone special on an early morning walk
3. Mow the lawn
4. Walk with your kids to the local park and take your pet for a nice stroll while you’re at it
5. Instead of talking with your friends on the phone, go for a walk with them.
You might also like...